Re: Patch to stop counting missing tests on internal functions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Patch to stop counting missing tests on internal functions
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 06:45:24 -0400

On 13-Oct-2009, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| I would also like to see more private functions become really private;

I would also like to see this happen, but it will mean some changes in
the build system, and as I'm currently working on converting the
Octave build system to use automake (I should have something to show
soon) I'd like to delay any such change until after the automake
changes are done.

| one problem I see is that a number of __helper__ functions are
| compiled codes, which are all bundled in one directory in the current
| Octave's binary files organization.
| Regarding the test log, it is surely not realistic to expect every
| source file to have tests; the list in fntests.log includes assistant
| sources, such as oct-locbuf.cc, for which no test is really
| meaningful, or even auto-generated sources, such as mx-cm-dm.cc.
| Maybe C++ files that are expected to have tests some day can be marked
| as such, and only those files listed.

How about only noting the C++ source files that have DEFUNs?