'strread' and 'textread'

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: 'strread' and 'textread'
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:28:25 +0200

Hi All

A bug that wasn't easy to fix was reported against the implementation of
'textread' available in the 'io' package at the Octave-Forge mailing
list. Eric Chassande-Mottin volunteered to provide a Matlab compatible
m-file implementation of the function, that Jaroslav and myself then
vectorised.

Since 'textread' (and its string counterpart 'strread') are part of core
Matlab, I thought I'd suggest the code for inclusion in core Octave
instead of the 'io' package. Attached is a changeset that adds the two
functions.

Soren