tilde_expand ("^")  returns ~ octave built on mingw on windows XP pro sp

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: tilde_expand ("^")  returns ~ octave built on mingw on windows XP pro sp3
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:09:13 +0900 (JST)

Hello

I have noticed today on octave 3.2.3/mingw by Benjamin
octave.exe:1> tilde_expand ("^")
ans = ^

The same phenomenon happened  all versions of octave on mingw that I have
investigatred.

3.0.5   Benjamin
3.2.2   Benjamin
3.2.3   Benjamin
3.2.3+  Tatsuro
3.3.50+ Tatsuro

Hmmm?
I suspect that the recent Windows update is the origin of this anomalous
behavior.
However no proof exist at present.

A few weeks before  tilde_expand ("^") works correct on my computer.

I will test it on the computer in my house (windows XP Home sp3).

Anyway the collection of information is important.

I ask users of octave/ mingw test   tilde_expand ("^") reports results with
information kind of OS.
(ex. XP Professional, VISTA Home Premium and so on. )

Regards

Tatsuro

GyaO! - Anime, Dramas, Movies, and Music videos [FREE]
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/gyao/