Re: gnulib and automake

From: Rik
Subject: Re: gnulib and automake
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 22:31:13 -0700

John W. Eaton wrote:
> It runs cleanly for me.
>
> | automake-1.10
>
> Given what Søren Hauberg said earlier, this version is apparently too
> old.  You need 1.11.  I already added a requirement for 1.11 in
> configure.ac.
>
> | libtool-1.5.26
>
> I also have
>
>   $ libtool --version
>   ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 2.2.6
>   Written by Gordon Matzigkeit <address@hidden>, 1996
>
> so maybe 1.5.26 is also too old?  For now, I've added
>
>   LT_PREREQ([2.2.6])
>
> to configure.ac since that version is known to work, but could relax
> that a bit if someone with an older version of libtool confirms that
> it works without problems.
>
> jwe

I succeeded in compiling except for the gnuplot image problem already
mentioned.

System Details
32-bit Intel Core Duo
Kubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04
automake-1.11
autoconf-2.62
libtool-2.2.6

I went backwards with libtool versions and confirmed that libtool-2.2.4
and libtool-2.2.2 work so the LT_PREREQ can be changed to 2.2.2.  It is
the 1.5.X series which doesn't work.

--Rik