Re: gnulib and automake

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: gnulib and automake
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:57:08 -0400

On Oct 29, 2009, at 3:46 PM, Thomas Treichl wrote:

John W. Eaton schrieb:
On 29-Oct-2009, Thomas Treichl wrote:
| I think the easiest thing for me now would be that I change the configure.ac | file and that I try to compile against dlopen instead of dyld...
Does libtool try to use dyld by default?  How do you tell it to use
dlopen instead?

I'm not familiar with the details now (this was before your changes to automake), but if I now change configure.ac like I already described here

http://www.nabble.com/Changeset-Mac:-Use-dlopen-instead-of-dyld-per-default-td25264111.html

then I finally get this result from ./configure:

 Do internal array bounds checking:  false
 Build static libraries:             false
 Build shared libraries:             true
 Dynamic Linking:                    true (dlopen)
 Include support for GNU readline:   true
 64-bit array dims and indexing:     false

Per default (_without_ any changes at all) I get:

 Do internal array bounds checking:  false
 Build static libraries:             false
 Build shared libraries:             true
 Dynamic Linking:                    true (dyld)
 Include support for GNU readline:   true
 64-bit array dims and indexing:     false

So I expect that I'm doing everything correctly now, too?

 Thomas

My tip is

$ hg tip
changeset:   9763:63d554a54da6
tag:         tip
user:        John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
date:        Thu Oct 29 18:39:34 2009 -0400
summary:     configure.ac: fix logic in previous change

I get the desired result of dlopen with my dependencies install via Fink on Mac OSX.

The build of the binary went without incident, and "make check" produced no failures!

Nicely done!

Ben