Re: plot warnings

From: Rik
Subject: Re: plot warnings
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:01:25 -0700

> The attached resolves the problem for John's example. The following
> also ran without incident.
The patch does prevent any errors being generated, but it still doesn't
address the lost functionality.  Using "." for plot style should graph
just the datapoints with no interpolated line between them.  Octave
3.2.3 does this correctly.  The Mercurial sources, alas, are still
broken in this regard.

>     geometryimages ('voronoi', 'eps');
>     geometryimages ('triplot', 'eps');
>     geometryimages ('griddata', 'eps');
>     geometryimages ('convhull', 'eps');
>
> When tried "rundemos plot", I saw some errors. For example ...
>
>     /Users/bpabbott/Development/mercurial/local_clone/scripts/plot/colorbar.m
> example 16: failed
>     addproperty: a `textlist' property already exists in the graphics
> objectPress <enter> to continue:
>
> Anyone know what is happening here?
It seems that directly setting properties on graphic handles leaves
cruft behind that is interfering with subsequent 'set' calls.  I've
recently encountered the same thing with the following code
demo('stem', 7)
demo('stem', 1)

stem example 1: failed
addproperty: a `basevalue' property already exists in the graphics object

The 7th demo for stem explicitly calls set(h, "basevalue", -1) and after
that the only way to reset things is to exit Octave.  I've tried 'clf',
'close all' and even 'backend("gnuplot") between the two calls to demo
and I am unable to clear the cruft out.

--Rik