Re: WIN32 problem on liboctave/kpse.cc

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: WIN32 problem on liboctave/kpse.cc
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:27:05 +0000 (GMT)

--- Mer 11/11/09, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> Da: John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
> Oggetto: Re: WIN32 problem on liboctave/kpse.cc
> A: "Michael Goffioul" <address@hidden>
> Cc: "Marco Atzeri" <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> Data: Mercoledì 11 novembre 2009, 16:04
> On 11-Nov-2009, Michael Goffioul
> wrote:
>
> | On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Marco Atzeri <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> | > Hi,
> | > building on latest
> | > $ hg tip
> | > changeset:   9799:cfd0aa788ae1
> | > tag:         tip
> | > user:        John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
> | > date:        Tue Nov 10 23:07:25 2009 -0500
> | > summary:     remove reference blas and lapack
> sources
> | >
> | > this block on liboctave/kpse.cc
> | > is causing win32lib.h (that does not esist) to be
> | > included in cygwin.
> | >
> | > #if defined(__MINGW32__)
> | > #include <windows.h>
> | > #include <fcntl.h>
> | > #include <dirent.h>
> | > #elif defined(WIN32)
> | > #define __STDC__ 1
> | > #ifndef _MSC_VER
> | > #include "win32lib.h"
> | > #endif
> | > #endif /* not WIN32 */
> | >
> | > This fault is really new, so some of the latest
> changesets
> | > caused it, but kpse.cc seems untouched from
> longtime
> | > so I am bit puzzled.
> |
> | Maybe because WIN32 is now defined under cygwin, while it
> used
> | to not be defined before. Might be a configure issue.
>
> What is defining WIN32 on Cygwin systems?  Is GCC
> defining that by
> default now?  Or is it some (unintentional) change in
> the configure
> script that is doing it?
>
> jwe

Theorically WIN32 should be not defined.

There is a strange section in config.h

#if defined (_MSC_VER)
#define __WIN32__
#define WIN32
/* missing parameters in macros */
#pragma warning (disable: 4003)
/* missing implementations in template instantiation */
#pragma warning (disable: 4996)
/* deprecated function names (FIXME?) */
#pragma warning (disable: 4661)
#endif

but it should NOT define WIN32 in any case. I will try to
investigate with "g++ -E" what is pulling in the win32lib.h

Marco