Re: Required versions of autotools

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Required versions of autotools
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:16:45 -0800

> I'm pretty sure automake 1.11 and libtool 2.2.2 are required (someone
> already did a test for the libtool version number).

I did the testing for automake and libtool.  Those version numbers are
correct.
> I don't know about the autoconf version.  The last time we checked,
> I think 2.60 was sufficient.  If something newer is required now to
> work with automake 1.11 and libtool 2.2.2, then we should update the
> AC_PREREQ version.  If 2.64 is required, then we can remove the
> definitions of m4_ifblank and m4_ifnblank from acinclude.m4.

I didn't check the autoconf version.  My platform is using 2.62 and
seems to work fine.  I seem to recall that moving to automake-1.11 or
libtool-2.2.2 did push me up from autoconf-2.61.  If no one else can
verify a lower autoconf number then we should change the macro in
configure.ac to at least require 2.62.

--Rik