Re: Compilation failure, template problems

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Compilation failure, template problems
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 21:11:24 +0000

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden> wrote:
> Wicked. Why is it picking the wrong version? There are both `fun (T)' and
> `fun (const T&)' versions defined...

My feeling is that MSVC is not able to handle the function as
template parameter, when it's using inner types in the signature.
When doing some testing, I could even get stupid error messages
like: cannot cast 'double(__cdecl *)(double)' to 'double(__cdecl *
const)(double)

> What about this?
> If not, I'm out of ideas...

I'll give it a try, but I'm not very optimistic about the outcome.
What does work is to move "fun" out of the template parameters
and provide it as a function argument. When I get octave fully
compiled, I'll send a patch and leave up to you to decide whether
you want use/refactor it. I can live with my own patch.

Michael.