Re: Print to PDF under Windows [changeset]

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Print to PDF under Windows [changeset]
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:43:44 +0000

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Benjamin Lindner <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Michael or other Window users,
>>
>> Can you confirm the attached works?
>>
>> Ben
>
> The console version of ghostscript on win32 is called "gswin32c.exe".
> There is also a GUI version, which is called "gswin32.exe".
> I don't see the reason for using the gui version. What if you want to
> pipe commands to ghostscript?
>
> If one insists on using the GUI version, well then you can specify
> it in GSC anyway, but in my opinion the correct version to use
> by default is the console version. Hence "gswin32c.exe"

Sorry, there has been some misunderstanding here. The problems
I wanted to point out are:
1) the missing ".exe" suffix
2) "if exist gswin32c.exe (... do something...)" will not work if
gswin32c.exe is not in the current directory. For instance, try this
in a cmd prompt:

if exist notepad.exe (echo "hello")

this only works when the current directory is C:\WINDOWS\system32.
So the above is really not equivalent to "which gswin32c.exe".

Michael.