Re: OCTAVE_PROG_GHOSTSCRIPT for windows

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: OCTAVE_PROG_GHOSTSCRIPT for windows
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 11:25:19 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- Ben Abbott > wrote:

> On Nov 21, 2009, at 5:42 PM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >

> > In 'acinclude.m4' in the development source, I found
> >
> > dnl OCTAVE_PROG_GHOSTSCRIPT
> > AC_DEFUN([OCTAVE_PROG_GHOSTSCRIPT], [
> >  case "$canonical_host_type" in
> >    *-*-cygwin* | *-*-mingw32* | *-*-msdosmsvc)
> >      gs_names="gs gswin32"
> >    ;;
> >    *)
> >      gs_names=gs
> >    ;;
> >  esac
> > **********
> > In Cygwin, is gs_names="gs gswin32" required? On cygwin, I am using
> > 'gs.exe' on cygwin.
> >

> >      gs_names="gs gswin32"
> >
> > Is it better to be
> >      gs_names="gs gswin32c"
> >
> > This has been discussed in quite recently for pdf printing on windows.
> >
> > http://old.nabble.com/Print-to-PDF-under-Windows-to26433734.html
> >
> > Regards
>
> For the print() function, should we look for "gs.exe" if the "gswin32c.exe"
> is not found?

  if (isunix ())
    persistent ghostscript_binary = "gs";
  elseif (ispc ())

If isunix() is false on cygwin, print() function shoud look for "gs.exe"
because "gs.exe" is default
ghostscript command on cygwin.

BTW, what I thought about why cygwin is included in the 'case esac' after the
first post. I suspect
that the 'case' here cares cygwin users who use native windows version
ghostscript but do not use
cygwin version of ghostscript.

However is this kind of care really necessary?

If it is necessary, the 'case esac' is to be
****
  case "$canonical_host_type" in
    *-*-cygwin* | *-*-mingw32* | *-*-msdosmsvc)
      gs_names="gs gswin32c"
    ;;
    *)
      gs_names=gs
    ;;
  esac
*******
otherwise,
****
  case "$canonical_host_type" in
    *-*-mingw32* | *-*-msdosmsvc)
      gs_names="gswin32c"
    ;;
    *)
      gs_names=gs
    ;;
  esac
*******

It would be better to hear Marco's comments.  Marco is the maintainer of the
cygwin version of the
octave.

Regards

Tatsuro

GyaO! - Anime, Dramas, Movies, and Music videos [FREE]
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/gyao/