Re: new major release? (was: Re: 3.2.4 call for patches)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: new major release? (was: Re: 3.2.4 call for patches)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:30:02 -0500

On 25-Nov-2009, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| Do you also plan to use gnulib for the dlopen-related stuff (octave_shlib)?
| Maybe I could postpone my rewrite until you do that, then.

I don't think so, because using libltdl from libtool relies on .la
files in addition to the actual dynamically loadable files but we need
to be able to load single .oct or .mex files.  I think it would just
be confusing to users if we said a .oct or .mex file is now a
collection of files.  I.e, the .oct file is really a .la file that
names the real file that can be dynamically loaded.