Re: new major release?

From: Michael D. Godfrey
Subject: Re: new major release?
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 21:36:52 +0100

On 11/25/09 9:01 PM, Shai Ayal wrote:
What do you think is missing?
How hard would it be to allow "placing" an object,
preferably PDF, at a specified position in a plot?
As you can immediately guess, this could be a part
of implementation TeX captions, etc.  As I thought
about this it seemed to me a good idea to separate the
two functions:
1. Placement of an object.
2. The creation of the object from some external
    source.
This would also allow plots within plots or whatever
arrangement the user found useful.

The one thing that I have said is missing has been the
TeX capability in text strings.  But, now I realize that
this is just a special case of what I indicated above.  And,
in fact, I can do this entirely externally to Octave if I
decide today that I must have a TeX object, or whatever,
in a plot.

Michael