graphics stacking order

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: graphics stacking order
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 19:43:24 +0200

Hi,

while trying to get colorbar to work, I realized I'm not sure what the
graphics stacking order (that is what object should be in front)
should be.

consider the following code:

clf ();
ax1 = gca ();
sombrero (); # just so that we have something drawn
ax2 = axes ("position", [0.3, 0.3, 0.2, 0.2]);
ch=get (gcf (), "children")

with current tip I see ax1 drawn on top of ax2, (both in gnuplot and
fltk) and ch = [ax2;ax1]
I couldn't find a reference for what matlab would do. I'm pretty sure
that at least ax2 should be drawn on top of a1, but I'm not sure about
the order of ch. Can anyone try on matlab and report?

Shai