Re: small graphics fixes

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: small graphics fixes
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 21:41:39 +0100

fre, 27 11 2009 kl. 22:21 +0200, skrev Shai Ayal:
> Also, a lot of graphics scripts are not backend-agnostic and contain
> many gnuplot specifics -- most notably. print.m I think they should be
> seperated into backend specific and backend agnostic parts. I will try
> to do this myself, but any help would be appreciated.

I know talk is cheap, but here goes anyway...

If the 'print' function was split into backend specific implementations,
the it would be great if it was possible to specify which backend to use
with 'print'. I mean, it would be great if I could do

  print -gnuplot myfile.png

and then 'gnuplot' would be used for printing independent of what
backend was used for displaying.

Right now, I prefer to use the OpenGL backend for showing stuff on
screen, but gnuplot is still needed for printing. This means I have to
do

  backend fltk
  plot (...)
  backend gnuplot