Scale change for Plot Figures in the Manual

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Scale change for Plot Figures in the Manual
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 16:27:51 -0500

On 27-Nov-2009, Michael D. Godfrey wrote:

| I looked at the current octave.pdf to see if my method
| of recovering from the doc/interpreter build problem had
| worked.  This caused me to notice that the Figures in the
| Plotting Chapter are now about 1/5 intended size.  I looked
| back at a Manual generated on 23 November.  (Before the
| build problem.)  It shows the same scale problem.
|
| I believe that the build script always uses octave -f, so
| the problem is probably not due to my having backend("fltk")
| in my .octaverc file.
|
| Is this problem happening to others?

Yes, it seems that we are now using

  print -dpdf

to create the PDF files and the resulting output is not cropped
tightly around teh bounding box of the figure.

If that is what the -dpdf option is supposed to do, then I guess we
should probably just have the  Makefile produce .eps files and then
convert them to formats we need instead of using Octave's print
function to generate the various formats.