Re: FTP objects

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: FTP objects
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 02:04:36 +0100

Judd Storrs wrote:
| Another question is should I store the password in the FTP object? If I
| want to be able to save the FTP objects to a file and have them work
| when reloaded, then this is needed. However, it can represent a security
| risk, though not much of a one as the password is stored in the octave
| history when the handle was first created. Should I care?

Another good option could be to let @ftp objects fallback to the
.netrc file for missing credentials (i.e. blank usernames and
passwords). Then objects could be created without passwords in the
history or in stored objects. (I haven't actually used the new octave
@ftp object so that may already work
It should work already as netrc is supported by CURL itself.

D.

35 rue Gambetta                              +33 1 46 04 02 18 (Home)
92100 Boulogne-Billancourt FRANCE            +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob)