Re: private functions in the core Octave distribution

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: private functions in the core Octave distribution
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 22:29:50 +0100

tir, 01 12 2009 kl. 16:17 -0500, skrev John W. Eaton:
> I checked in the following change to make some internal plotting
> functions private or to convert them to subfunctions (if possible).

Nice!

> Some of the following __gnuplot_* functions might be useful for
> debugging, so I left them alone for now.  For example, so we can ask
> users to tell us "what does __gnuplot_version__ return on your
> system?" or "what do you see for __gnuplot_has_feature__ (...)?".

Perhaps we could just have a simple '__gnuplot_info__' function that
returned the gnuplot version and the set of supported features. We could
also just make this information part of the information generated by the
'bug_report' function and ask users to send that.

> Is there any objection to more changes like this in other directories?

Au contraire! I think such changes are great.

Soren