GPU Engine for Octave

From: jaideep singh
Subject: GPU Engine for Octave
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 14:04:30 +0530

Dear All,

I and my colleague have designed a GPU engine for Octave to transfer the data  and computation onto the GPUs. We have achieved impressive performance gains for some very common operations. Also, we have introduced an Image Processing Package using NVPP and a substitute for function SURF to plot data using the GPUs. All this was done on a trial basis to see if it's possible to introduce a new datatpye in Octave that is allocated in the GPU memory, but behaves similar to Octave default datatypes and turned out to be quite successful. If the Octave user has CUDA toolkit installed and a CUDA enabled GPU, he can enjoy the benefits of GPUs. Please let us know your comments on this.

Thanks

Regards
Jaideep Singh, Ipseeta Aruni
IIT Roorkee