Re: extra F on function names

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: extra F on function names
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 19:24:24 +0000 (GMT)

--- Mer 9/12/09, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> Da: John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
> Oggetto: Re: extra F on function names
> A: "Marco Atzeri" <address@hidden>
> Data: Mercoledì 9 dicembre 2009, 19:30
> On  9-Dec-2009, Marco Atzeri
> wrote:
>
> | as I am not very familiar with the builtins.cc
> | structure so I am trying to compare
> | 3.2.3 version with the current one.
> |
> | I see no big differences in the two builtins.cc,
> | but I found a difference  on config.h
> |
> | on 3.2.3
> |
> | #define ENABLE_DYNAMIC_LINKING 1
> |
> | while on current
> |
> | /* #undef ENABLE_DYNAMIC_LINKING */
> |
> | Is this a potential root cause of the problem ?
>
> If you want dynamic linking to work, then this has to be
> defined to
> 1.  You need to find out why it is not.  What
> does the config.log file
> tell you?
>
> jwe

I have in config.log :

ENABLE_DYNAMIC_LINKING='true'

but I miss
#define ENABLE_DYNAMIC_LINKING 1
in config.h

>From configure , this seem the only point where
the definition happen
  if $dlopen_api || $shl_load_api || $loadlibrary_api || $dyld_api; then
    ENABLE_DYNAMIC_LINKING=true

$as_echo "#define ENABLE_DYNAMIC_LINKING 1" >>confdefs.h

  fi
so probably the issue is here.

I will try to build, manually defining
ENABLE_DYNAMIC_LINKING
just to see if this is the only roadblock.

Regards
Marco