bootstrap, sha1sum, gsha1sum and such things?

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: bootstrap, sha1sum, gsha1sum and such things?
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:24:54 +0100

Hi,

I'm just wondering what currently is happening on my Mac if I try to compile a recent tip. It seems to me that tere appeared a new bootstrap file that is looking for programs like sha1sum and such - stupid question: what for?

The other thing is that on my Mac 10.4 system I don't have the one or the other - if I take a look at the internet then it seems that sha1sum is part of the coreutils package? If yes, then I'm out of the game with my 10.4 system because a coreutils update on my machine is a task that is too big for me.

Is a working gnulib already needed?

Regards,

  Thomas

PS. Here is my output:

  ./autogen.sh
  generating source lists for liboctave/Makefile...
  vx-op-inc.mk is unchanged
  mx-op-inc.mk is unchanged
  smx-op-inc.mk is unchanged
  vx-op-src.mk is unchanged
  mx-op-src.mk is unchanged
  smx-op-src.mk is unchanged
  generating doc/interpreter/images.mk...
  images.mk is unchanged
  generating src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/module.mk...
  module.mk is unchanged
  bootstrapping...
  ./bootstrap: one of these is required: sha1sum gsha1sum