Re: glob and fnmatch functions from gnulib

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: glob and fnmatch functions from gnulib
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 01:36:02 -0500

http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/admin/Windows/mingw32/glob/glob-1.0-4.patch?revision=6463

| I quickly look at
| gnlib/lib/glob.c
|
| Treatment for path separator '\' does not exit and the patch by Benjamin
should be applied for windows
| build.
|
| I leave this comment for the user who would like to build glob and fnmatch in
'gnulib' for octave for
| windows.

OK.  I think we need to bring this up with the gnulib maintainers.

As I recall, Windows allows either / or \ as directory separators, so
it seems like we should allow that in glob as well.  There might be
some other issues with \, like requiring that GLOB_NOESCAPE is always
true on Windows systems.

Anyway, I think it would be best to get these things fixed in gnulib
instead of maintaining our own patched glob code.