R: changeset: dlopen for cygwin

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: R: changeset: dlopen for cygwin
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 09:38:48 +0000 (GMT)

--- Mar 15/12/09, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> On 15-Dec-2009, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>
> | finally I found the solution for the "extra F on function
> names"
> | that blocked the building on cygwin for some time.
> |
> | Basically on cygwin I need dlopen
> |
> | -      *-*-cygwin* | *-*-mingw* |
> *-*-msdosmsvc)
> | +      *-*-mingw* | *-*-msdosmsvc)
> |
>    loadlibrary_api=true;
> |        ;;
> | +      *-*-cygwin*)
> | +       dlopen_api=true;
>
> OK, I agree that *-*-cygwin* should not appear in this list
> since it
> should be using dlopen, not LoadLibrary.
>
> The context for this code snippet is:
>
>   if $dlopen_api || $shl_load_api || $loadlibrary_api
> || $dyld_api; then
>     true
>   else
>     case "$canonical_host_type" in
>       *-*-cygwin* | *-*-mingw* |
> *-*-msdosmsvc)
>        loadlibrary_api=true;
>       ;;
>     esac
>   fi
>
> so I still don't understand why the test for dlopen_api is
> failing for
> you.  Can you please post the relevant parts of the
> config.log file
> that show the results of the checks for the dlopen,
> dlclose, dlerror,
> and dlsym functions?
>
> jwe

John,
for what I can see in configure .ac
the error seems in :

if test "x$ac_cv_func_dlopen" = xyes \
          || test "x$ac_cv_lib_dl_dlopen" = xyes; then
          AC_CHECK_FUNCS(dlsym dlerror dlclose)
          if test "x$ac_cv_func_dlclose" = xyes \
            && test "x$ac_cv_func_dlerror" = xyes \
            && test "x$ac_cv_func_dlsym" = xyes; then
            dlopen_api=true

while the libtool cache variables set are only

$ grep dlopen config.log

[cut]
lt_cv_dlopen=dlopen
lt_cv_dlopen_libs=
lt_cv_dlopen_self=yes
lt_cv_dlopen_self_static=yes

Which test is supposed to set ac_cv_func_dlopen ?

Configure and log are here:
http://matzeri.altervista.org/octave/

Regards
Marco