Re: glob and fnmatch functions from gnulib

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: glob and fnmatch functions from gnulib
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 21:52:31 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 16-Dec-2009, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:

| Hello
| | | AFAIK, to use glob and fnmatch in windows, patches are required to use path separator '\'.
| I have been used Benjanmin's Patch.
| | http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/admin/Windows/mingw32/glob/glob-1.0-4.patch?revision=6463 | | I quickly look at | gnlib/lib/glob.c | | Treatment for path separator '\' does not exit and the patch by Benjamin should be applied for windows
| build.
| | I leave this comment for the user who would like to build glob and fnmatch in 'gnulib' for octave for
| windows.

OK.  I think we need to bring this up with the gnulib maintainers.

As I recall, Windows allows either / or \ as directory separators, so
it seems like we should allow that in glob as well.

Yes this should be supported, otherwise it will be of not much use.

There might be
some other issues with \, like requiring that GLOB_NOESCAPE is always
true on Windows systems.

Anyway, I think it would be best to get these things fixed in gnulib
instead of maintaining our own patched glob code.

Who should/will take this to the gnulib list?

benjamin