Re: glob and fnmatch functions from gnulib

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: glob and fnmatch functions from gnulib
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 15:58:57 -0500

On 16-Dec-2009, Benjamin Lindner wrote:

| John W. Eaton wrote:
|
| > As I recall, Windows allows either / or \ as directory separators, so
| > it seems like we should allow that in glob as well.
|
| Yes this should be supported, otherwise it will be of not much use.

I suppose we could leave the glob code alone and convert all \ to / on
input, and then undo that on output.  We can do that since we don't
use any \x escape sequences when we call glob.  Otherwise, I think we
will have to fix the glob function to not allow \x escape sequences at
all on Windows systems.

| > There might be
| > some other issues with \, like requiring that GLOB_NOESCAPE is always
| > true on Windows systems.
| >
| > Anyway, I think it would be best to get these things fixed in gnulib
| > instead of maintaining our own patched glob code.
|
| Who should/will take this to the gnulib list?

I can do it.