git through proxy - changeset proposal

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: git through proxy - changeset proposal
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 04:05:35 -0500

On 18-Dec-2009, Marco Atzeri wrote:

| the attached changeset modify from git protocol to http protocol
| to allow passing by http proxy.

| -    git clone $shallow git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnulib ||
| +    git clone $shallow http://git.sv.gnu.org/r/gnulib.git ||

| When behind a proxy a simple
|
| export http_proxy=http://your_proxy_ip:port
|
| allow the autogen.sh to work

Although it must be copied into each project that uses it, the
bootstrap script is from the gnulib project.  I'd like to keep it
unmodified from the version distributed with gnulib.  So I think the
irght place to report this problem is to the gnulib maintainers.  Then
once the change is made in the gnulib sources, we will update the
version of the bootstrap script that we distribute with Octave.