Re: complie error of f77-extern.cc on development source (Mecurial) unde

From: Rik
Subject: Re: complie error of f77-extern.cc on development source (Mecurial) under MinGW
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 11:47:55 -0800

Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
> Hello
>

> I have deleted all files and directories and dowload fresh source by
>
> hg clone http://www.octave.org/hg/octave octave
>
> and ./autogen.sh
>
> again.
>
> However, I have met the same error
>
> In file included from ../../../hg/octave-work/libcruft/misc/f77-extern.cc:25:
> ../config.h:1481: error: declaration does not declare anything
>
> config.h
> 1480: #if !defined(HAVE_NLINK_T)
> 1481: typedef short nlink_t;
> 1482: #endif
>
> HMMMM? Might it be a bug of complier?

It may have been an error in configure.ac. The file used to read:
AC_CHECK_TYPES([dev_t, ino_t, nlink_t, nlink_t])

This might put two pieces of code to check for the nlink_t and could
cause a problem. I have removed the unnecessary second check for
nlink_t. The changeset is 49563d18ca78. Could you get the latest sources
and re-run 'autogen.sh' to see if it builds?

--Rik