Re: build trouble on MacOS 10.5 [changeset]

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: build trouble on MacOS 10.5 [changeset]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 17:28:40 -0500

On Dec 22, 2009, at 2:19 PM, Thomas Treichl wrote:

> Rob Mahurin schrieb:
>> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 09:16:30AM -0500, Ben Abbott wrote:
>>> Good news, I'm able to build with all libs except for Apple's Carbon and
>>> OpenGL frameworks.
>>>
>>>  $ ./configure --prefix=/sw --infodir=${prefix}/share/info
>>> --mandir=${prefix}/share/man --libexecdir=${prefix}/lib
>>> --with-blas=-Wl,-framework -Wl,vecLib --without-framework-carbon
>>> --without-framework-opengl
>>>
>>> Make check only has two failures.

>>>  PASS   5659
>>>  FAIL      2
>>>
>>> Once, I can build everything I need to be fully functional, I'll
>>> look into the test failures.
>> I see the same, with a fresh checkout of revision 10014:cb98128649e9.
>>      $ ./configure   CC=gcc-mp-4.3 CXX=g++-mp-4.3 F77=gfortran-mp-4.3
>> LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib
>>      --without-framework-opengl --without-framework-carbon
>>        PASS   5507
>>        FAIL      2
>> I needed the patch attached to include <config.h> before any
>> <string.h>.  Is this harmless on other systems?  Is it safe to assume
>> that anyone doing "make -C src lex.cc" will have a running perl, or is
>> some other magic necessary?  jwe had a less ugly suggestion.
>> Cheers,
>> Rob
>
> On an OS X 10.4 system I need the changes in md5.c, gl2ps and lex.cc, too,
> and further I also need similiar changes in src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/md5sum.cc and
> src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/lookup.cc. A changeset for these two files is attached -
> maybe somebody could add these changes to the sources, too?
>
> Thanks,
>
>  Thomas

Regarding the two changesets below

http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2009-December/014360.html

http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2009-December/014364.html

I can push these changes, but don't know enough about the build process to have
any confidence that these changes will not an adverse effect unix or windows
builds.

Also, in the first, is the patch to Makefile.am the right way to do that? (I
really don' t know, but it looks a bit hacky to me).

Anyone have some advice/thoughts?

Ben