Re: FYI: GIMP Octave Plugin

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: FYI: GIMP Octave Plugin
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 16:05:03 +0100

lor, 19 12 2009 kl. 23:14 +0100, skrev Soren Hauberg:
> I would really love it if I simply got access to an Octave prompt, where
> I had access to the image. From this prompt a function, say,
> 'send_image_to_gimp' should make the image available to gimp (i.e. save
> it to disk). I often find myself in a situation where I would love to
> experiment a bit with an image from within gimp, and getting easy access
> to Octave make this dead simple.

I played a bit around with your code, to implement the idea of having an
Octave prompt available inside the GIMP. The result can be found here:

  http://image.diku.dk/hauberg/gimp-octave-terminal/

It works fairly nice for me. The code requires 'vte' (the GNOME terminal
emulator).

The code is just a bunch of small changes to Elsamuko's code, but the
user interface is somewhat different.

Soren