unbuffered stdout

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: unbuffered stdout
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 22:30:28 +0100

hi all,

based on several previous questions by users, as well as my own needs,
I implemented an easier way to ensure
unpaged output to stdout: there will be stdout_nobuf, which always
bypasses the pager.
However, since stdout_nobuf gets the number 3, Octave's file numbers
will no longer be exactly equal to OS descriptors.
I don't think that is a significant drawback, but maybe I'm missing something.

comments? OK to push?

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer