Re: error: invalid character `' (ASCII 0) near line 164, column 2

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: error: invalid character `' (ASCII 0) near line 164, column 2
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 17:12:29 -0600

On 26-Dec-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

| On Dec 26, 2009, at 12:37 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
|
| > On Dec 25, 2009, at 4:24 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
| >
| >> Is anyone else seeing this?
| >>
| >> ../../run-octave -f -q -H -p . --eval "geometryimages ('voronoi', 'txt');"
| >> warning: invalid character `' (ASCII 0) near line 92, column 2
| >> error: invalid character `' (ASCII 0) near line 164, column 2
| >> parse error near line 164 of file
/Users/bpabbott/Development/mercurial/local_clone/scripts/set/unique.m

The only way I can see this happening is if text_yyinput returns 0,
which can only happen if yyinput returns 0, which should only be
possible if flex's internal buffer somehow has an ASCII nul character
in it.  I don't see how that can happen, and as I can't reproduce this
problem, you will need to do some debugging to see what the contents
of the flex buffer is and try to find out why it is incorrect.