Re: thoughts about unwind_protect

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: thoughts about unwind_protect
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:39:31 +0000 (GMT)

--- Gio 7/1/10, Jaroslav Hajek ha scritto:

> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 1:59 PM,
> Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Marco Atzeri <address@hidden>
> wrote:

> built
> exit? Or the
> >>
> >> It is configured without opengl and without fltk.
> >> Octave crash on exit; just only the command exit
> is
> >> enough for the segfault.
> >> All the other functionality seems to work.
> >> "Make check" pass all the tests.
> >>
> >> ../octave/configure --libexecdir=/usr/lib
> --without-framework-opengl F77=gfortran-4 CXX=g++-4
> CPP=cpp-4 CC=gcc-4 LDFLAGS=-no-undefined FLIBS=-lgfortran
> lt_cv_deplibs_check_method=pass_all
> >>
> >> In the past there was a flag to disable the fltk,
> but it seems not anymore available. However the absence is
> detected,
> >> and I have no fltk libs in the system to avoid
> false detection.
> >>

> > Why do you think FLTK has anything to do with this?
> Does the problem
> > vanish if you build with FLTK?

Fltk is not working on cygwin, so I am skipping it.
Before the automake change there was a switch to disable it
and today is not available , if I am not wrong.

I don't know if fltk is involved at all, but there was a
similar fault reported and corrected about it
https://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2009-December/014256.html

Eventually there is a similar problem with another module,
but which one ?

> I just tried to build without FLTK, but can't reproduce the
> crash.
> Valgrind doesn't show anything. I'm afraid you'll have to
> make
> discover the source.

I already identified the changeset, it starts to SIGSEV from
changeset 9981  692ab4eaf965

"clean up top-level variables when exiting Octave"

before that I have no SIGSEV.

> --
> RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD

Any idea how to further investigate ?