Oplot a backend for Octave

From: Ole Jacob Hagen
Subject: Oplot a backend for Octave
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 06:57:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am developing a graphical backend to octave named Oplot.
Oplot can plot most of graphical objects using opengl_renderer. I can also
rotate, pan and zoom on Oplot. I can also rotate, pan and zoom on a selected
axes object even I have multiple axes in one figure (a subplot).

Oplot is based on Qt4, which can be compiled with mingw or MSVC on windows.
Is there any msvc and mingw compiled octave-3.3-50 out there?

I can also create jpeg, png images of plots using Qt's builtin
functionality. An example is shown here:
http://old.nabble.com/file/p27061261/sombrero_subplot.png
Why does print.m use gnuplot related commands? This means that gnuplot is
mandatory as a installation during file generation with print.m! Shouldn't
the backend fix the printing functionality?
Shouldn't gnuplot just be a backend, and not the primary application for
file generation of figures?

On debian I'm struggling with the fontname problem, but when I set fontname
to arial, then it works pretty good. ;-)

I'm planning on releasing Oplot shortly on both Linux (32, 64 bit), and
Windows (32 and 64).
Oplot will be released after I've added more functionality to the gui, and
this is tested. ;-)
But I believe that Oplot should be released after 0ctave-3.4.0 has been
released. ;-)

It is also possible to follow the development of Oplot on
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/oplot

Best regards,

Ole Jacob Hagen