Re: offscreen rendering with gl-render - pls advice

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: offscreen rendering with gl-render - pls advice
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:08:39 +0100

man, 18 01 2010 kl. 07:53 -0500, skrev Ben Abbott:
> Soren, have you looked at matlab2tikz?

No, I hadn't seen that. Looks like a fairly complete implementation. I
haven't had time to look properly into this, but I guess it should work
with Octave.

> It is still lacking 3D but produces nice 2D plots.

I guess tikz is mostly meant for 2D stuff, so this is reasonable.

> The license looks close to GPL, If it is useful, perhaps the author would
> agree to a change.

It appears to be available under a BSD license, so this shouldn't be an
issue. If the author agrees, then perhaps we have built-in support for
printing to tikz with Octave?

Soren