Re: offscreen rendering with gl-render - pls advice

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: offscreen rendering with gl-render - pls advice
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:00:58 +0200

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
Gnuplot has a fully function TikZ terminal, including the 3D stuff. A google of "tikz pgf opengl" ...

       http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=tikz+pgf+opengl

... produces a few links that claim pgf is based on OpenGL. So I assume it is designed to handle the 3D stuff.

Ben
While I'm not sure there is any connection between OpenGL and pgf, the following gallery:
http://www.texample.net/tikz/examples/tag/3d/
shows that 3D can be done with pgf/tikz. I'm not sure how simple it is though ...

Shai