Re: 3.2.4 release candidate 1

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: 3.2.4 release candidate 1
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:57:12 +0100

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 7:48 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 19-Jan-2010, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
>
> | I don't understand why you should need pthreads. I guess one of the
> | libraries you use is a static and multithreaded, but I really can't
> | tell. Adding -lpthread to LIBS should probably help you.
>
> Look at the octave_mutex class defined in liboctave/oct-mutex.cc and
> used in the command_editor::event_handler function in
> liboctave/cmd-edit.cc.
>
> This problem was solved in the current development sources by these
> changes:
>
> changeset:   9488:ee572cdd4b97
> user:        John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
> date:        Wed Aug 05 13:27:58 2009 -0400
> summary:     add configure checks for pthread library and compiler flags
>
> changeset:   9497:54ae52abd4c9
> user:        Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden>
> date:        Thu Aug 06 10:57:11 2009 +0200
> summary:     add missing file
>
> These changes to the connfigure script were pre-automake, so they
> might apply, but I have not tried to test them.  They also could
> depend on other previous changes to the configure scripts and
> Makefiles, so I don't know whether it is worth trying to add them.
> Maybe it is better to just tell people who have trouble compiling to
> add -lpthread to their LDFLGS.
>
> jwe

I'd like to avoid complex changes in build process in the stable
series in general, but these two apply cleanly and are based on code
from cryp.to, which should be somewhat proven, so why not. I uploaded
RC2:
http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~hajej2am/ulozna/octave/

I don't think it's necessary to rebuild for those who succeeded with RC1.
regards

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer