Re: new build ends with mkfifo related problems in file-ops.cc

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: new build ends with mkfifo related problems in file-ops.cc
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 15:36:57 -0500

On 22-Jan-2010, John W. Eaton wrote:

| On 22-Jan-2010, Ben Abbott wrote:
|
| | dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN9prog_args10rpl_getoptEv
| |   Referenced from:
/Users/bpabbott/Development/mercurial/local_clone/src/.libs/liboctinterp-3.3.50+.dylib
| |   Expected in: flat namespace
|
| This is prog_args::rpl_getopt(), so that looks like another similar
| problem where a gnulib header is #defining getopt to be rpl_getopt and
| it is clobbering our class member function of the same name.  I'll see
| what I can do.

I've looked at this a little more and I can't see how it is
happening.  As far as I can tell, prog-args.h and prog-args.cc don't
include getopt.h (even indirectly) so I don't see how getopt is being
redefined there.

Can you try adding -save-temps to the command that compiles
prog-args.cc and send the resulting prog-args.ii file to me?