Re: Chebfun

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: Chebfun
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 09:37:12 +0100

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 7:15 AM, Michael D Godfrey
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 01/22/2010 10:00 PM, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
>
> Why? It makes sense to me.
>

> Including the interpretation that says it is OK to
> incorporate it in Octave (which is not for sale)?

No, this can't be incorporated into Octave, the license is clearly GPL
incompatible.

> I does not explicitly express a limitation on the use of
> software which incorporates Chebfun.

It says that any use involving a financial compensation is only
allowed under permission. Apparently that includes me using it at
work, because I'm paid for it.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer