Re: new build ends with mkfifo related problems in file-ops.cc

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: new build ends with mkfifo related problems in file-ops.cc
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 12:49:51 -0500

On 22-Jan-2010, Ben Abbott wrote:

| I think that fixed the problem. Thank! ... now I'm back to one I encountered
yesterday.

| Making all in interpreter
| ../../run-octave -f -q -H -p . --eval "geometryimages ('voronoi', 'txt');"
| error: invalid character `?' (ASCII 206) near line 1, column 1
| parse error near line 1 of file
/Users/bpabbott/Development/mercurial/local_clone/src/.libs/octave

|   syntax error

|          ^
|
| error: parse error while reading script file
/Users/bpabbott/Development/mercurial/local_clone/src/.libs/octave
| error: source: error sourcing file
`/Users/bpabbott/Development/mercurial/local_clone/src/.libs/octave'

| make[3]: *** [voronoi.txt] Error 1
| make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
| make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
| make: *** [all] Error 2

I don't know what might be causing this.  Could it be some variant of
the problem you were having earlier with flex?

| error: `pkg' undefined near line 20 column 1
| error: called from:
| error:
/Users/bpabbott/Development/mercurial/local_clone/scripts/startup/main-rcfile
at line 20, column 1

| Program exited with code 01.

I think this is related to the changes I made for getopt.  I checked
in the following additional change.  Does it help?

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/b49d47b637b7