Re: Octave control via d-bus

From: Patrick Noffke
Subject: Re: Octave control via d-bus
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:31:32 -0600

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:18 AM, Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden> wrote:

Did you also look at Pytave? <https://launchpad.net/pytave/>
It can't connect to an existing instance, instead Octave is embedded
into the Python process. This has the advantage that data don't need
to be sent through sockets or pipes (but of course there are also
disadvantages).
Otherwise, it should enable you to do all the stuff. I've never tried
debugging from within Pytave but in principle it could be possible.

I did look at it (and I actually had forgotten about it).  It crashed when I first tried running one of its tests, and I'm not a python expert, so I started looking at other options.  Plus I thought connecting to an existing instance and debugging could be useful to others, and d-bus interface would also enable interfacing with other languages.  That said, I'll look at it again.  It seems it should have the answer I'm looking for as to how to interface to octave's working variables.

Thanks,
Patrick