Re: log plots and labels in fltk

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: log plots and labels in fltk
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 21:36:13 +0200

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 9:38 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 28-Jan-2010, Shai Ayal wrote:
>
> | What I want is to have the input event hook function called periodically,
> | so that even during a long pause the figure windows remain
> | responsive.
>
> OK, I see.  In that case, I guess you should try using rl_read_key.
> I think you could distinguish between the user entering '\n' or a
> readline-generated '\n' by also checking rl_done (take a look at the
> implementation of rl_read_key in the readline sources).  Again, I'd
> prefer to have access to this readline variable wrapped in a
> command_editor member function.

This is currently way beyond my powers  - I do not have more than 40
minutes of uninterrupted time, and understanding the command_editor
class will probably take me more than that.

Meanwhile, the following changeset:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/02ae72071221

should at least make  figure window redraw fully when pausing, i.e. in
the following line:
sombrero() ; pause

although this figure will not respond to any events (mouse, resize etc...)

Shai