Octave plot window input focus

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Octave plot window input focus
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 22:26:38 -0800

I was checking on matlab behavior and noticed that
when a command that creates a plot window is
executed:

In matlab, the plot window has focus, but keyboard input goes
to the command window without having to switch focus.

In Octave, the plot window has focus, but keyboard input
does not go to the command window.  Focus has to be switched
to the command window for input.

This has been true, at least on X11  Linux systems for many years.
But, it has always seemed to me that it would be much better if
input focus stayed with the command window.

Do people agree that this change would be a good idea (not
just for matlab compatibility)?  And, if so, any ideas where to look in the
Octave code to implement the change?

There are two possible changes:

1. Do just like matlab.

2. Keep focus with the command window so that it is more obvious that
   the window will accept keyboard input.

Michael