recompiling under Fedora12?

From: Dupuis
Subject: recompiling under Fedora12?
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 13:28:24 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I've setup a real-time application using an Aspire One as display. It runs
under Fedora12, signal processing is performed with octave-3.2, yet the
execution time doesn't leave enough margin for display. I would like to
recompile octave and all its dependencies under 'gcc4.4 -O3'. Under Fedora,
octave has some flags activated like -fstack-protector. How can I recompile
with the original set of flags and increasing the optimisation level ?
Target machine has 2 cpu and SSE instructions support, so I'll expect
-ftree-vectorize to speed up things.

Regards

Pascal