Re: Enhnancements to octaveforge/statistics/table

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Enhnancements to octaveforge/statistics/table
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 09:06:39 -0800

Hi

lor, 06 02 2010 kl. 07:01 +0000, skrev forkandwait:
> I am interested in patching the table function to use optional vectors of
> weights, and would like to share that patch.

Great! New patches and ideas are always welcome. Have you already cooked
up the patch? If so, it makes discussion easier if you post it here, so
that people have a better understanding of exactly what you want to do.

>   Questions:
>
> 1.  Background: Has anyone done this already, has it been rejected as an
> idea,
> or??  (I am not familiar with the matlab implementation, if there is one).

I don't remember hearing such a suggestion before. Matlab doesn't seem
to have this function so compatibility isn't an issue.

> 2.  Design:  I am thinking of adding optional XW and YW vectors to the
> parameters.  Other ideas?

This will be easier to discuss if you post your patch.

>   Should I add a few unit tests somewhere?

That's always a good thing, so yes :-)

> 3.  The patch:  I think I can just patch the .m file.  Where do I send the
> patch?  Prefered formats (I promise to look that up, but a link would be
> appreciated).

You should send a Mercurial changeset. That makes your patch easier to
commit if such an action is agreed upon.

Soren