Re: compiling development sources

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: compiling development sources
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 11:28:47 -0500

On Wednesday, February 10, 2010, at 10:52AM, "Carlo de Falco" <address@hidden>
wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I just finished building development sources on OSX 10.5 using fink to
>satisfy dependencies
>the build completed without errors but I can't run 'make check'
>the error I get is at line 100 of dir.m where the command 'lstat' is
>invoked but it seems lstat is missing.
>In config.log I have

I encountered this problem last week, and jwe provided a solution for me.

http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2010-February/015033.html

The part you need is the change to syscalls.cc, below.

-DEFUN (lstat, args, ,
+DEFUNX ("lstat", Flstat, args, ,

I don't know if this change should be committed to the sources, or if this is a
MacOS X specific issue.

Ben