Re: untabifying and local-variable for Emacs

From: Dupuis
Subject: Re: untabifying and local-variable for Emacs
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 00:14:15 -0800 (PST)

John W. Eaton-3 wrote:

> I never saw any responses to the following message.  Does anyone have
> strong objections to untabifying the Octave sources, and then
> attempting to keep tabs out of the source tree in the future?

Hello John,

in my scripts, everything is indented what I think the right way is. Working
inside Emacs, I'm always usign the 'tab' key(indent-line). If the text
doesn't appear at the right place, I know I missed a parenthesis level, or
closing an 'else' or whatever. So indentation is to me a good habit. Now
about the implementation, tabs or space, there is so much space on hard disk
todays that it doesn't matter to save a few chars on source files. If it can
simplify source management, go ahead. But then could someone please post the
way to have Emacs not use 'tab' chars inside source file ?
Regards

Pascal