R: Building problems on latest source

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: R: Building problems on latest source
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:58:00 -0500

On 11-Feb-2010, Marco Atzeri wrote:

| strcmpi and strncmpi are missing from DOCSTRINGS
| strfns.df attached.

It looks like they have been redefined to strcasecmp and strncasecmp.

I checked in the following change.

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/9966f1f71c32

But I don't see anything in the Octave sources that defines strcmpi or
strncmpi, so I don't know how this change is happening.  Does your
system define these symbols in some header file?  Where?

Note that if you update your sources, you will also get all the
changes I just made to untabify the source files, so nearly
everytthing will be recompiled.  If you want to avoid that to make a
quick check of this change, then just make the change by hand and
update later.

| > | 2) when running run-octave
| > |
| > | -------------------------------------------------------
| > | error: `find' undefined near line 109 column 11
| > | error: called from:
| > |
| > error:   /pub/hg/octave_build/../octave/scripts/set/unique.m
| > at line 109, column 9
| > |
| > error:   /pub/hg/octave_build/../octave/scripts/optimization/__all_opts__.m
| > at line 56, column 11
| > |
| > error:   /pub/hg/octave_build/scripts/optimization/PKG_ADD
| > at line 1, column 0
| > | -------------------------------------------------------
| > |
| > | this second problem makes impossible to run the test
| > suites.
| >
| > Do you have any rpl_ functions?  What happens if you
| > type
| >
| >   rpl_ <TAB>
| >
| > at the Octave prompt?
|
| no rpl_ functions

OK, find is also a .oct file.  Do any of the functions defined in .oct
files work for you?