Poor Win32 C runtime implementation

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Poor Win32 C runtime implementation
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 09:20:55 +0000

Hi,

I've been caught by a poor Win32 C runtime implementation that is unfortunately
triggered by some gnulib replacement functions. This affects the VC2008
runtime DLL, I didn't test if this also affect the runtime DLL used by MinGW.

For instance, these 2 simple pieces of code produce a crash. I can
work around these in my local copy of gnulib. I just wanted to report them.

1) "signal" with unsupported signal

#include <signal.h>
void handler(int sig) { }
int main()
{
  signal(0, handler);
  return 0;
}

2) "fclose" with an invalid file descriptor

#include <stdio.h>
#include <io.h>
int main()
{