Problems with freebsd octave-forge ports?

From: forkandwait
Subject: Problems with freebsd octave-forge ports?
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 03:23:28 +0000 (UTC)

I will ask this at the appropriate freebsd list too, but I am having many weird
issues.  Just now I installed linear-algebra, and "textread" disappeared; I
deinstalled/ reinstalled io, and cartprod disappeared.  So I reinstall linear-
algebra....

Anyone maintain the ports here? I can provide more diagnostics if anyone is
interested.  I wouldn't mind doing the whole thing outside the ports system,
but I don't want to mess with the whole BSD approach.