Re: FYI: mx_inlines simplifications

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: FYI: mx_inlines simplifications
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 22:15:40 +0000

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Michael Goffioul
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Unfortunately, it still doesn't compile with MSVC. I tried to narrow down
> the problem and posted a question on MSDN forum. See
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcgeneral/thread/736cd53c-a392-4535-8e48-e633e11e6973
> for reference. It seems that MSVC cannot cope with 2 similar template
> definitions using function template parameters with different argument
> passing convention (one with "R fun(X)" and the other with "R fun(const X&
> x)").
> It looks like it's trying to instantiate both and always fail on one of them:
>
> - "float abs(float)" cannot be applied to "R fun(const X&)"
> - "float abs(const std::complex<float>&)" cannot be applied to "R fun(X)"

FYI, I found another workaround for that problem, consisting of renaming
the mx-inlines.cc macros to avoid overloading mx_inline and do_mx_unary_map
templates. That way, I can keep the mapped function as a template
parameter. Less hacky than my previous fix.

Michael.